Covid-19 Heath and Safety
Our Commitment to health and safety, and your ease of mind
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow the latest advice and recommendations from the Centre for Disease Control (CDC). World Health Organization (WHO) and our local authoriities. For up-to-date information and further details, please refer to the WHO and the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. We have always taken great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and service throughout our hotel, and that commitment is only strengthened in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We have undertaken a total review of all operating procedures to make sure that our cleaning, hygiene, and service routines are even more thorough and vigorous, with additional procedures developed in consultation with Health & Safety experts and in line with guidance from the HSE
- We have implemented a flow management system for customers front of house and associates back of house, to ensure social distancing.
- We have added disinfecting stations at entry and exit points including toilets and elevators.
- We have invested in PPE and safety screens in public areas and back of house to ensure a preventative approach.
- All our Employees will be fully trained on best practices regarding Coronavirus.
- All housekeeping employees have undergone retraining on the latest protocols and best practice in relation to PPE, physical distancing, cleaning standards and hygiene.
- All cleaning standards have been fully reviewed and updated to ensure we maintain vigorous cleanliness and hygiene
- All employees will wear appropriate personal protective equipment and are fully trained in how to put on and remove PPE safely.
- We have purposefully placed hand sanitising stations across our public areas.
Bar & Restaurant
- Our bars and restaurant will operate with reduced seating capacity. This is to allow for two metre distancing.
- All tables will be disinfected after each use and left vacant for 15 minutes to ensure best practice.
- Contactless payments: guests will be encouraged to pay via contactless payments.
- Booking for breakfast and dinner will be in place and highly encouraged.
The Management and Staff of the Sligo Southern Hotel look forward to welcoming you back when you are ready to travel.